Account Analyst - Real Estate
REAL ESTATE ACCOUNT ANALYST
The Account Analyst manages various processes working in the Commencement or Quality Assurance position to ensure the ongoing accuracy of financial data in the financial system. The efforts of this position result in accurate payments, proper escalation, data and billing corrections for our clients/property owners/managers in accordance with the applicable legal documentation.
Essential Job Functions
- Researches and interprets various legal documents and ensures all contract terms and conditions are accurate in Crowns financial system. Corresponds with internal teams/departments and external account holders to ensure accuracy in billing, payment and overall data integrity.
- Responsible for administering multiple recurring processes that have an impact on monthly financials. All processes require a thorough review of data output, legal contracts and financial updates. Processes include, but are not limited to, commencements, monthly escalation, termination and detection of data inaccuracies that result in incorrect billing or payments and incorrect Straight-line adjustments.
- Review and verify ownership and the legal description of a property.
- Responsible for working on special projects, data integrity reports and integration/acquisition projects which may fall as an exception to normal processing.
- Maintains service level commitments with business partners to meet monthly targets and to ensure timely financial adjustments while understanding the downstream impacts.
- Responsible for either client or property owner account reconciliation process. Process includes review of the general ledger and all associated sub ledgers in accordance with legal contracts to verify accuracy of payments or billings; recommend necessary adjustments and work with Internal teams to resolve any deviations and upon final determination, make corrections in Financial System.
- Communicates contract terms, outcomes of account reconciliations, and payment/billing solutions with clients or property owners/managers via telephone, email or other correspondence.
- Works with the Business Manager and Operations Manager to ensure that Sox process controls and narratives are accurate, updated and controls are always being maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience reviewing Legal contracts preferred
- Two (2) years Accounting experience preferred
- At least two (2) years work experience in a fast-paced detail-oriented profession