Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 29774
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
PROJECT ENGINEER - APPLICATION ENGINEER
Would you consider a new opportunity if it's better than where you are currently? We have an amazing new opportunity available for an Application Engineer/Project Engineer for power systems/power distribution systems. We are looking for an Application Engineer with excellent analytical skills and a high level of power distribution system knowledge such as power protection, controls and reliability.
The Application Engineer will be involved in projects integrating third-party devices in addition to being heavily involved in FAT. Also, setup of switchgear and test equipment, writing and executing test plans. We would like an Application Engineer who is experienced with integrating third-party devices including relays, RTU's, data concentrators, protocol converters, remote Application review of customer specification during pre-sales process to assess best solution.
- Assist in conducting customer training sessions.
- Communicate effectively with customers while performing tasks such as application review, project implementation and testing.
- Design of protection and control equipment to meet customer needs including schematic review and drawing mark-ups.
- Develop configuration files for relays and controls.
- System testing, test plan development, customer witnessing and final report creation.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with relays and controls
- Extensive knowledge of distribution system equipment and application.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and interpreting control schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Well versed in electrical protection and control philosophy for distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of DNP3.0 protocol
Skills :Application Engineer applications engineer Power distribution power systems