The Global Application Engineering team is searching for a Communication Solutions Engineer for radio frequency (RF) data network system design, performance optimization, and technical support. RF coverage and capacity modeling knowledge is required. Experience with RF hardware and communication systems analysis is also required. Candidate must possess basic IP data networking skills, including defining subnets and troubleshooting data connectivity issues. An exceptional candidate may also have programing skills to automate data analysis. Qualified candidates should have a proven track record demonstrating complex problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively with customers is also required. The team is based out of our Chicago location but this position may be a work remote opportunity for the right individual.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use RF system design tools such as EDX® SignalPro® to design radio communications networks.
- Optimize mesh network radio system performance by analyzing field data and making recommendations on parameter and equipment changes.
- Write formal radio system coverage design, performance analysis, and performance optimization reports for delivery to customers.
- Provide technical support to customers for SpeedNet™ Radio, IntelliTeam® CNMS Communications Network Management System, and associated products.
- Assist in conducting radio system training sessions for customers and personnel.
- Work with others within the company to develop and document standard work practices, then provide training and support to ensure consistent performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understand RF propagation modeling, radio coverage and traffic planning, and how to use coverage planning software, such as EDX Signal Pro.
- Strong wireless system design, engineering, and link budget analysis skills.
- Knowledge of IP Network Topologies, Protocols, and Network tools, such as Wireshark, to perform network diagnostics.
- Strong technical writing, customer interaction, and presentation skills.
- Strong data analysis skills, for example using advanced Excel functions.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong programming skills to automate data analysis and be proficient in the use of geographical information systems such as ESRI ArcMap and Google Earth.