We are seeking a power systems engineer with relay programing experience to work with our Global Application Engineering team. As a member of this diverse, highly collaborative team, you’ll provide automation solutions to meet our customers’ application needs by integrating IEDs with smart grid equipment. You’ll contribute to our continuous improvement by providing customer insights when working with product managers, product engineers, quality engineers, and others. The key attributes to be successful in this position are:
- Contribute to open communication and collaboration by sharing and exchanging information
- Take a proactive, tenacious approach to problem solving
- Commit to your personal development
- Create and maintain customer relationships that are built on a foundation of consistent, high quality service delivery
- Utilize technical expertise to determine appropriate solutions for customers
- Perform application review of customer specification during pre-sales process to assess best solution.
- Design protection and control equipment to meet customer needs. Must be able to read, understand and markup engineering schematics/drawings.
- Develop configuration files for IEDs (intelligent electronic devices): relays, RTUs, data concentrators, protocol converters, and remote IO devices from manufacturers such as SEL, Siemens, GE, etc.
- Perform factory acceptance testing prior to equipment shipment on associated projects. This includes developing the test plan, setting up the switchgear and test equipment, performing customer-witnessed testing, and writing the final report.
- Conduct training sessions for customers and personnel.
- Communicate effectively with customers while performing tasks such as application review, project implementation, and testing. Includes telephone support for personnel and customers, as well as on-site visits when needed.
- Recognize and adhere to standard industry safety practices and safety procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment with other employees, contractors, consultants, customers, etc.