Automation Solutions Engineer
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 029775
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS ENGINEER
Hot new opportunity in Chicago, IL for a Project Automation Solutions Engineer to be responsible for interfacing with customers, provide technical support and configuration of smart grid automation systems on electrical distribution networks and communication technologies. 20%-30% travel is required.
The Automation Solutions Engineer will be responsible for
- Providing primary technical support to customers for power systems and associated products.
- Communicate with customer while troubleshooting, application review, project implementation and coordination.
- Perform application review during the pre-sales process to assess the best solutions for customers.
- Perform application testing in a lab environment
- Conduct customer training sessions and training of team members
power systems; power distribution; utility; application engineer; technical support; troubleshooting; configuration
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Familiar with protection systems for utilities
- Detailed understanding of utility systems and planning practices
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of IP networking
- Familiar with DNP3.0 protocol
Skills :Power distribution power protection power systems troubleshooting