Backend Web Developer
Senior Back End Web Developer
Whether you are actively looking for work, or, just curious to see what’s available, you won’t want to miss this fantastic opportunity for a Back End Web Developer. You will have the opportunity to work with an innovative company specializing in power systems that’s thriving! It’s amazing that even in these trying times, they are doing great!
This company will offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance, tremendous career development and advancement opportunity, the ability to work with a talented team that loves what they do, and the opportunity to work with a fantastic leadership team that appreciates their team efforts.
In addition, a Bonus is the fact that it’s a company that makes a positive impact on the local community as well as people world-wide.
Take the first step and explore the possibilities… you will be happy that you did!
The Senior Back End Web Developer reports to the Manager – Creative Services and is responsible for the plan, build and development of features and applications that engage B2B customers, provide them relevant content, and drive action. Maintains and provides ongoing development improvements for the website users’ experience. The Back End Web Developer will develop clear, effective solutions for our website users. The Back End Web Developer will continually track website performance through Google Analytics and regularly report important KPI information to leadership and stakeholders. This position requires a creative and technically skilled web developer who has a passion for understanding complex ideas then translating into actions or applications.
The responsibilities of the Back-end Web Developer includes:
● Responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the front-end
● Compile and analyze data, processes and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
● Collaborates with the front-end developer and stakeholders to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
● Write web services and APIs used by the front-end developer as needed
● Ensures high performance and responsiveness as requests are received from the website’s users
● Writes clean, efficient and testable code by using the best software development practices for EpiServer.
● Understands differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop and optimizes output to match the specific platform.
● Implements automated testing platforms and unit tests
● Design and implementation of data storage solutions and security/data protection
● Builds reusable code and libraries for future use
● Assists front end developers with coding issues and other troubleshooting
● Develops ideas for new programs or features by monitoring industry trends to evolve S&C’s web presence
● Uses Google Analytics to track website traffic and reporting relevant information to leadership and company stakeholders
Requirements of the Back-end Web Developer include:
● Four-year degree in Web Development, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
● 5+ years relevant experience
● Strong knowledge in programming languages C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC and web APIs.
● Strong knowledge of object orientated programming and software design patterns
● Strong experience with web content management systems (EpiServer or similar).
● Strong Microsoft SQLserver, database modeling, T-SQL, stored procedures, indexes
● Hands on experience with .NET core and Gulp
● Working knowledge of CI/CD, HTML and CSS
● Experience with search technologies like Solr, Elastic Search. Epi Find experience preferred.
● Understands server-side CSS preprocessors (SASS), security compliance and accessibility
● Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers and environments
● Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and security principles.
● Focus on efficiency, user experience and process improvement
● Excellent problem solving, communication, project and time management skills
● Knowledge of Google Analytics, including interpreting data and reporting out important information
● Expertise in MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
● Experience with EpiServer or a similar web content management systems. EpiServer certified preferred.