BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER.
(NO 3rd party. Must be able to work for any US employer)
It’s a new year and a great time to make exciting career changes. We have a great opportunity to work with a leader in the telecommunications industry. We are seeking a BI Developer with backend development expertise (developing data sets, data flows, etc) in Power BI.
The Business Intelligence Developer will provide technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting an enterprise business intelligence platform, interfacing with the business units across the organization on the reporting requirements. The Power BI Developer participates in all phases of the development life cycle. S/he is also responsible for defining standards, production support and maintenance of the BI environment, and works with the team on system performance optimization and interoperability issues. Above all, this BI Developer makes certain that the reporting solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in the BI group’s knowledge of and concern for the users’ business needs. This Business Intelligence Develop must also demonstrate a willingness to work with and mentor associates of varying levels of technical expertise within the organization.
Essential Job Functions of the BI Developer include:
- Provide first-level application support. Resolve problems and answer questions related to the reporting environment and layered products; contact vendor support when necessary; facilitate customer problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Closely monitor performance of reporting environment; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the reports are running at optimum speed and efficiency.
- Install and upgrade the organization’s business intelligence platform. Keep the business intelligence platform at current release and maintenance levels; install supporting products; provide a current, stable reporting environment.
- Develop and maintain reporting modules utilizing the business intelligence platform’s developer and reporting tool kits.
- Establish, administer, and monitor security in the reporting environment including the setting of appropriate end-user data access control levels.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new reporting processes, and other post-implementation support.
- Oversee the implementation of reporting modifications and enhancements in regard to technical changes and change management.
- Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and team members so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Meet with decision makers, data owners, and end users to define reporting requirements and goals; develop reporting procedures, models and protocols.
- Develop routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on enhancements and standards for the business intelligence reporting environment.
- Assist in the development and definition of documentation and standards for the reporting environment.
- Consistently complete tasks within agreed upon target dates.
- Proactively communicate with, support and guide end users during application release cycles to ensure definition of requirements and testing of new release can be completed by predefined target dates.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline preferred; equivalent experience is acceptable
- Power BI Professional certification is preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of an enterprise reporting environment using the Power BI platform
- Proven experience writing technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and data modeling
- Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards
- Oracle SQL coding skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy