Business Development Analyst
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
HOT JOB available for a Business Development Analyst with back-end development experience (developing data sets, data flows, etc) in Power BI. The Business Development Analyst will work with department and functional managers to write business requirements, build reports and analyze processes to make recommendations on process improvements that meet business objectives. The Business Development Analyst will work closely with management to provide support for projects across multiple business units and may be required to effectively manage vendors and their delivery of products and services.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Analyst includes:
- Analysis of business requirements and provide recommendations as relates to overall improvement and benefit of the team.
- Review and analyze various forms of information to identify, verify and track new and existing business opportunities.
- Lead efforts with managers and other team members or meetings with vendors completing project activities in order to review project status and implement project changes as necessary.
- Lead process reviews, mapping and modeling while partnering with corporate and area personnel to improve efficiencies and process flow.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Decompose high level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those that must base their work on the requirements.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Utilize available reporting tools to provide end users with ad hoc and personalized reporting.
- Develop and deploy reporting and analysis that is accurate, complete, and properly summarized to aid in management of business and management and decision making.
- Develops weekly, monthly, and quarterly trend and activity reports as well as other operational and management reports. Ensures that reports are produced per scheduled timelines for review by functional management teams and utilizes available reporting tools to provide end users with ad hoc and personalized reporting.
- Design, test and deploy reports for general usage.
- Provide support to management to produce reports and analyze large amounts of data as part of acquisitions or other special projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, information/computer science or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of business reporting, developing and analysis experience.
- 2 years of project coordination/project management
- Proven experience writing technical requirements for analysis and business process mapping
- Experience working with Business end users
- Ability to create/develop reports with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of other corporate software, programs and data tools. Assists managers with report design and development. Tests reports and ensures they perform as expected
- Oracle, SQL coding skills
- Develop reports using various software and tools (Power BI, ServiceNow, Tableau, Oracle, WebFocus, Excel, Access, Cognos