LOCATION. Chicago, IL
It’s a great time to start the year with an exciting new career opportunity as a Production Buyer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an innovative company that provides competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance and the opportunity to work with a talented team that loves what they do. You will work with a top knotch management team that appreciates a job well done.
Take the first step and apply today, you will be very happy that you did!!!!!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute procurement transactions including purchase orders, blanket releases, reschedules/changes, and expediting for production materials.
- Create purchase orders and perform reschedules for production items.
- Process dispositions on non-conforming material reports and execute returns to suppliers.
- Coordinate the implementation of new and revised purchased items with Production Planning, assuring supplier deliveries meet production schedules and cutovers.
- Commitment to provide outstanding service to internal customers at S&C, and to deal with suppliers in accordance with S&C’s Guiding Principles.
- Expedite purchase orders from suppliers as required.
- Setup item attributes related to purchasing the item.
- Effectively process NMR.
- Work with Production Planning, Global Sourcing, and Suppliers on problem-solving activities.
- Ability to create purchase requisitions.
- Ability to use iSupplier to transact new orders and changes to existing orders with connected Suppliers.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Associate's degree, in business, or related field. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- One or more years of demonstrated proficiency as procurement planning specialist or equivalent with a manufacturing company preferably using Oracle as its business system.
- Basic understanding of the setup of Suppliers, Approved Supplier Lists, Sourcing Rules, and Assignment Sets.
- Basic understanding of order modifiers and other item purchasing attributes.