Critical member of the Category Management team providing support for all assigned business units, responsible for proactively managing the spend, including but not limited to, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and management, commercial negotiations, supplier relationship management support, demand planning, and customer interface. Assists manager and team members in the development and deployment of Category Management strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Develop and present business plans to key stakeholders for spend categories under areas of responsibility.
· Lead Strategic Sourcing events for categories that correspond to areas of responsibility. Follow outline “Blue Book” sourcing methodology.
· Works collaboratively within Supply Chain Operations Support, Purchasing Services, Strategic Initiatives, Key Stakeholders and Global Procurement Group.
· Meets with key customers routinely and proactively identifies sourcing and contract value opportunities.
· Manage end-to-end sourcing and contracting process (including RFI/RFQ/RFP’s) for assigned commodities and services.
· Assists with contract start-up functions involving appropriate department managers.
· Participates in identifying emerging opportunities within the supply community.
· Evaluates existing contract relationships to identify savings realized, new savings opportunities, risk mitigation strategies, and other commercial terms enhancements.
· Leverages market intelligence to evaluates, negotiate, and manage annual price fluctuations.
· Negotiate commercial terms for significant or aggregated project-based spend associated with managed categories.
· Demonstrate competency in negotiating legal terms and conditions.
· Manages contract life-cycle for all Frame Agreements and Contractor Rate Agreements within area of responsibility.
· Utilizes all Supply Chain Technologies for Contract Management, SRM, and Spend Analysis.
· Monitor, assess and adjust sourcing strategies based on supplier and market intelligence.
Implement multiple strategies leveraging Total Cost of Ownership, Lease vs. Buy and Economic Value models.
· Develop relationships with key customers to understand their service and commodity needs and implement strategies to maximize savings in the Capital Maintenance Plan, Expense Plan, and for emerging projects.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal processes, including but not limited to, contract filing processes, bidding processes, and value creation reporting processes.
Work closely with the Supplier Relationship Management Specialist for key suppliers under areas of responsibility. Build consistent, repeatable series of key performance indicators which can be used to gauge supplier performance and create actionable improvement plans.
· Facilitate periodic business reviews with key suppliers and facilitate action items that result from the meetings.
· Provide various reports as requested by manager.
· Partner with Legal to ensure current and continued compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures, both internal and external.