Start the new year with exciting new career opportunity!
Are you a Construction Manager who has solid experience in electrical, power distribution, switchgear and/or substation construction?
If you are considering a change, or just want to see what’s out there….. you won’t want to miss this opportunity! If you want to work with an innovative company that’s thriving… even in these uncertain times… a company that provides competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, work/life balance, a talented team that loves what they do than look no further.
Apply today and let’s explore the possibilities. You will be happy that you did!
We are seeking a construction manager with 5+ years of heavy electrical construction experience, including transmission voltage, distribution voltage, and substation. Current licenses in some or all of the following states is a plus: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (Adams County), Texas, Virginia.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER INCLUDE:
- Acquiring state licensing in accordance with company EPC strategy. Types of licensing may include (varies by state specific requirements):
- Journeyman Electrician
- Master Electrician
- Electrical Contractor
- Highway Heavy (Virginia)
- Public Utility
- High Voltage/Substation/Transmission Lines
- General Engineering
- Utility Manager (Georgia)
- Support permitting activities during EPC project execution, including coordination with the PM/construction manager to obtain construction permits and other licensing as required by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Performing site visits to EPC construction sites (10%-90% complete) and conduct safety audit, per state requirements.
- Effectively communicate with many different levels of personnel such as:
- Prime contractors
- Project managers
- Construction managers
- Support Project Estimators as needed
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Trade school in technical field or equivalent experience.
- Technical understanding and experience with industrial, commercial, and heavy electrical construction activities (transmission & distribution voltage, substation), including the following:
- Services (incoming power to facility)
- Branch Circuits/Feeders
- Motor control centers (MCCs)
- Reading blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Maintain efficient filing system, both electronic and physical
- Troubleshooting electrical issues at the site
- Organization, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Experience presenting technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and National Electrical Safety Code
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends when required to meet customer’s needs
- Be available to AHJ and/or other state/local authorities, as well as PM’s, CM’s and technicians as needed when construction is being performed regardless of time of day, holidays, weekends or vacation time away. (This can be by phone, email or other forms of communication)
- Possibly be required to immediately travel to job site with little or no advance notice
- Travel 10%-25%