Construction Planner Scheduler
CONSTRUCTION PLANNER / SCHEDULER
HOT new opportunity available for a Construction Planner / Scheduler to work with an EPC leader specializing in Chemical, Oil and Gas projects. We are seeking a Construction Planner / Scheduler for a long term assignment in Geismar, LA.
The Construction Planner / Scheduler ensures the development and completion of job progress milestones through scheduling. The Construction Planner / Scheduler coordinates with procurement and material mangers as well as engineering work group leads pertaining to essential. items of supply.
- Provides priorities for projects to guarantee completion. Contributes to forecasts and disbursements by performing schedule analysis.
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support within project controls.
- Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks. Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices.
- May direct resources prioritize tasks and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of project controls to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree preferred).
- Ten (10+) years scheduling/planning experience on engineering and construction projects
- Must have intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to function within a project team
- Will comply with all site safety policies and procedures