CAPITAL PROJECTS CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
The Capital Project Contracts Administrator is primarily responsible for ensuring Owner & Contractor compliance with contract obligations and deliverables for capital projects.
- Ensure the Owners Project team is following the contract
- Ensure the Contractor is delivering on their contract obligations
- Report and take action when there is a deviation from the contract obligations and deliverables
- Coordinate contract closeout process
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Liaise between Client Legal and the Contracts Manager as necessary
- Promote excellent working relationships with internal customers, suppliers and other supporting organizations
- Ensure compliance with Client supplier qualification, safety and technical review process
- Support Contracts Manager on preparing RFP’s, bid clarification process, bid evaluations and related contract formation activities.
- Negotiate contracts in conjunction with Client Contracts Manager and Client internal customers as needed.
- Compose contract summary / deliverables checklist as necessary
- Take sufficient steps to minimize project claims due to contract non-compliance
- Ensure compliance with the company’s work health and safety policies, standards and procedures
- Prepare monthly project reports and make presentations at meetings
- Assess and support negotiations and manage of contractual changes and resolve disputes and/or claims with Contractors. Assist in preparation of contract amendments.
- Ensure that contract correspondence, documentation, and records are being prepared accurately and are current
- Implement and communicate a contract deliverables report that clearly indicates the performance level of the contractor to the contract obligations and deliverables.
- Confirm Contract deliverable(s) are met and acceptable with Client internal customers
- Prepare, execute, and archive contract closeout documents as required. Prepare lessons learned summary for each contract.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of project contract administration experience within an Owner organization or EPC organization working directly on contracts for capital projects with TIC of more than $10 MM is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of oil, gas, or petrochemical related industry experience and knowledge related to construction or services contracting is preferred.
- Experience in negotiating / administering commercial terms for multi-million dollar construction contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in managing project contract administrative processes “cradle to grave” for capital projects.
- Critical Competencies/Behaviors:
- Contracting Professional able to work as a valued team member within the Project Team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- MS Excel. MS Word
- SAP, Ariba preferred
- Strong bias to action and sense of urgency
- Organized and detail orientated