Data Management Engineer
DATA MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
Hot new opportunity to work with a leader in the telecom industry. Work with a company that’s thriving! We are seeking an Engineer, Data Management to support the data quality and master data management functions. This Data Management Engineer will work primarily in the Informatica technology stack and key responsibilities include supporting both projects and production support.
Essential Job Functions of the Data Management Engineer include:
- Assist in projects with identification of best practices around development and execution of data profiling scripts and analysis of the results, identification of business rules based on profiling activities, and development and execution of data remediation plans.
- Interface with Business and Data Stewards to facilitate gathering requirements around profiling, business rules, exception framework, and remediation activities.
- Design and develop DQ metrics dashboards using PowerBI.
- Develop functional and technical specs and test cases that align with the requirements garner from project teams.
- Design, develop, and test the integration of data quality routines inside of data movement pipelines.
- Lead the project design and implementation and collaborate with project teams and management.
- Provide production support to existing reference and master data domains within the MDM tool.
- Ability to distill issues into needed platform changes to develop design documentation as well as level of effort for those changes
- Develop, within the MDM
- Develop and execute regression testing mechanism to test changes. This includes working with data stewards and IT teams for coordination of these efforts.
- Prepare and socialize project status report with capability leads and proactively communicate and manage project risk/issues
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information technology, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5 + years of experience with data management tools like Informatica Analyst (for profiling), Informatica Data Quality, Informatica MDM, or similar tools.
- 5+ years of SQL experience in writing stored procs, custom functions, and complex joins for RDBMSs such as Oracle, SQL server, and PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of extensive and hands on development experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) or Cloud Data Quality (CDQ) on Cloud Data Integration (CDI) as well as Cloud Application Integration (CAI).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working within MDM tools, preferably Informatica MDM (cloud version), that includes changes to data model, trust/survivorship, workflow (data steward interface), publication mechanisms, etc.
- 3+ years of extensive and hands on development experience with Informatica Cloud (IICS) on Cloud Data Integration (CDI) as well as Cloud Application Integration (CAI).