Now is a great time to make a career change. You will have the opportunity to work with a leader in the power systems industry. You will have the opportunity to work with an employee owned company that's THRIVING! Work with a talented group of people who love their jobs!
Designing, simulating and troubleshooting analog circuits, power supplies and power electronics circuits.
· Designing and testing electronic circuitry in lab.
· Architecting complex, multi-disciplinary systems.
· Participating in cross-functional teams at multiple geographic locations.
· Defining systems-level product qualification testing, life testing and production test requirements.
· Writing functional specifications, hardware test plans, and design documentation.
· Providing engineering support for existing product lines.
· Occasional travel up to one week required.
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering required. MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
· 10+ years’ experience designing digital, analog, and power circuits at the PCB level.
· Design experience from Concept to Production.
· Experienced in two or more successful new product introductions.
· Strong desire of bringing quality products to market on time and within budget.
· Experience in small to medium volume production environment.
· Thorough knowledge of analog with deep expertise in one or more of the following: Buck, boost, buck-boost, flyback, SEPIC and variant topologies, DC voltage up to a couple of 100V, AC 3phase power supply design, AC voltages up to 480V, energy storage and motion control, H-bridge circuitry and transformer and inductor design.
· Experience with high power circuit board layout on mixed-signal boards, circuit board debugging, able to rework SMD and lead technicians.
· Experience with high voltage/high power electronics, design for EMC compliance and mitigation is highly desirable.
· Well-versed in DFR (FMEA, Root cause determination, Tolerance analysis, Derating analysis), DFM and DFT techniques.
· Knowledge of Engineering analysis, Simulation models, Electric power system control & protection, Electronic components, Risk assessment, Six Sigma design
· Knowledge of schematic and board layout tools such as Allegro, Cadence, & ORCAD
· Proficiency with relevant lab instrumentation (scopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, network analyzers, power analyzer, etc)
· Must be self-motivated, well organized, and productive with minimal direct supervision
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.