Embedded Software Engineer
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - SOFTWARE PROJECT ENGINEER
2020 is full of great new opportunities! In this embedded Software Developer role, you will have the opportunity to work with an innovative company that's thriving! Their products in power systems make a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide. You will work on state of the art products with a talented team that loves what they do! The company offers excellent compensation with above average benefits package and tremendous career advancement opportunities.
Take the first step to explore the possibilities.... apply today, you have everything to gain!
We are seeking an Embedded Realtime Software Developer to join this team to create embedded software that advances technology and proves out new project concepts.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Developer include:
- Developing new software, debugging and supporting microcontroller embedded Linux platforms using C/C++, shell script .
- Developing applications to increase the robustness of the electric grid through edge data analytics with embedded Linux.
- Developing or contributing to the development of project schedules, time estimates, detailed software specifications and test plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software design cycle including, architecture design, specifications, analysis, implementation, testing and related documentation.
- Working with marketing to assure product designs meet the requirements of the market.
- Working with application engineers to resolve software related customer issues.
- Working with software and test engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical embedded software.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Software Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive working experiences in developing, testing and debugging embedded software in embedded Linux environment, both in kernel and user space. Yocto Linux experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of programming principles in C/C++, shell script, Python a strong plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analytics and machine learning, together with SQL database.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Driven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation and support of embedded microcontroller code.
- Strong technical leadership abilities with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time with some periods lasting more than a week.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Electric grid automation and/or control of power electronics, control for utility applications, predictive analytics with data modeling and evaluation, data analytics with R and Python.
Relevant Experience Required: 6+ years of experience in the design and development of real-time, mission critical embedded controller software.