Exciting new opportunity for a Manager – Engineering Services. Work for a company that’s thriving! You will have the opportunity to be part of an innovative organization that positively impacts the lives of people worldwide. The company offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, tremendous advancement opportunity and great work environment.
PSS projects include utility substations, renewable energy generation plants, utility-scale microgrids, distribution automation installations, and others. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing a technical team responsible for delivering scopes of work related to customer SCADA systems, cybersecure data networks, and automation. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for participating directly in project work. Project locations are primarily in North America, with occasional international work. This position will report to the Director of Global Engineering Services.
The responsibilities of the Engineering Manager include:
- Manage a team of local and remote individual contributors.
- Develop and implement policies to ensure efficient delivery of project work.
- Contribute to business development activities, including participating in client interviews and project site walkdowns.
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance to team members as needed.
- Define and standardize business processes in order to operate more efficiently.
- Conduct technical training for team members and customers.
- Define and implement efficient start-up and commissioning services for customer SCADA systems.
- Identify opportunities for new products & services.
- Implement processes designed for improving global service standard techniques and competencies.
- Occasional travel to customer premises and project sites.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license strongly preferred.
- Broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams in multiple job areas.
- Mastery level knowledge of SCADA equipment and design practice as related to utility power systems (e.g. SEL RTAC, NovaTech Orion, Doble/Manta test sets, etc.).
- Proficiency in local area network design and implementation.
- Experience with utility power system design, including relay protection & control practices, is preferred.
- Software development experience is a plus.
Relevant Work Experience: Ten years of experience with medium-voltage electrical power distribution applications and equipment.