Engineering Test Technician
PRODUCT TEST TECHNOLOGIST = Power systems
Would you consider a better opportunity? We have a great opportunity for someone who has experience troubleshooting and diagnosing test equipment issues. If this is you... don't miss out! You have nothing to lose... explore your opportunities!
You will work with a company that's thriving! It's a company that cares about the community and the world around us. Their products make a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide. You will work with a very talented group of people, receive competitive pay and above average benefits package. It's a company that values the employees and knows the importance of work-life balance.
The Global Quality Assurance (QA) organization provides a variety of services aimed at helping to deliver superior quality to our customers. The Product Test Technologist position is part of the QA Product Test Engineering group and has primary responsibility for the troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and technical support of existing production test equipment.
The responsibilities of the Test Technician / Product Test Technologist include:
•Troubleshoot, repair and maintain production test equipment
•Read and interpret electrical schematics and datasheets
•Order and maintain inventory of spare parts for production test equipment
•Design, assemble, wiring, testing and troubleshooting automated test consoles, electrical and electronic circuits, wire harnesses and connectors, test fixtures and assemblies with digital, analog and programmable components
•Prepare and execute test plans/procedures for completing design verification & validation testing, acceptance testing, and commissioning of production test equipment
•Assess existing production test equipment and suggesting opportunities for improvement, using tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, and performance testing
•Utilize problem-solving skills to find and resolve root causes of production test equipment issues
•Utilize quality feedback and metrics to implement improvements to the production test equipment, and Product Test Engineering’s technical support process
•Safely and effectively operating energized low- and medium-voltage production test equipment
•Perform product firmware release testing verification and validation on production test equipment
Requirements for the Test Technician / Test Equipment Technician
•Associate degree in Electronics Engineering
• Experience in electronics testing, embedded controls testing, electrical system testing, test setup design and assembly, software testing and problem-solving is preferred
• Solid understanding of lab test and measuring instrumentation including electrical, mechanical, thermal test equipment
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team service-oriented environment
• Enthusiasm, drive, a sense of urgency, and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office tools.
• Ability to travel without restrictions up to 20% of the time