Environmental Health Safety Specialist
Health, Safety, Environment & Security
We are seeking a HSES Registration Specialist to provide leadership in developing, implementing, improving and managing Product Stewardship, within Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSES), policies, procedures, practices, and projects. It nourishes a culture in which safety is the highest priority across Advanced Materials facilities in the US and Asia. This HSES Specialist is expected to interact effectively with a wide variety of teams including operations, research, process development and engineering to implement change effectively and sustain the gains.
Health, Safety, Environmental, Security Specialist (HSES) responsibilities include:
· Creates and maintains regulatory registrations information, statements and documentation in compliance with international and country specific legislation (e.g. US EPA Premanufacture Notice (PMN));
o Supports and maintains relevant internal systems and databases for ensuring regulatory (quality) and/or product safety compliance for finished products;
o Contributes to or organizes product safety information/data for product dossier submissions to local authorities directly or via consultants;
o Proactively supports and advises various stakeholders and departments (e.g. R&D, marketing, product management, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing etc.) with regard to regulatory requirements, product regulatory quality and/or product safety for ALAM products and/or raw materials;
o Develops and implements effective Product Stewardship communication to make Product Stewardship priorities and performance visible;
o Maintains and improves HSES and Product Stewardship performance, compliance, policy and procedural information including electronic backup of critical information;
o Develops and implements industry best practice systems for an effective product stewardship program while maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, reporting, HSES statistics and trend analysis;
o Involves & engages employees in developing HSES programs, processes and performance measures;
o Implements and supports HSES Team responsibilities.
o Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
· Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or similar chemistry relevant degree.
· 5+ year experience in relevant field or experience.
· Passion for HSES and product stewardship as demonstrated by a strong commitment
· Ability to effectively communicate with wide variety of stakeholders
· Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency
Experience in Chemical Registrations or regulatory affairs
· Familiarity with reading chemical testing reports or analytical chemistry reports and process flow diagrams
· Training and certifications in regulatory affairs
· Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
· Able to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
· Methodical data based problem solving and decision making skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
· Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
· Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.