Outstanding opportunity for a Financial Analyst interested in working with a company that's thriving! This is a company that makes a tremendous, positive impact on the lives of people nationwide. A specialist in the telecom industry.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring the financial metrics are accurately and consistently tracked at the corporate level and the appropriate people are well informed about financial items. The Financial Analyst will ensure the quality of financial reporting and forecasting from corporate personnel. The Financial Analyst must have thorough knowledge of financial (actual, budget, and forecast) items and keep the appropriate team members well informed about these items.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for conducting or assisting with simple to moderate financial analysis. May provide input on how to improve a department or region’s financials, given an understanding of the linkages between the financial metrics and the business levers.
- Analyze financial information through assembling spreadsheets to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for management’s use in making educated investment decisions.
- Partner with management to conduct ad-hoc analysis, projections, reports and presentations.
- Maintain a good understanding of the financial capabilities of management in various departments/areas and work with this management to continually improve these capabilities.
- Communicate and enforce standards regarding financial management procedures, policies, and standards (e.g., reporting standards, metrics that are tracked) to personnel.
- Communicate regularly with the management team to keep them well informed of financial items.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly results including the tracking of key financial metrics, budgets and forecasts.
- Identify and notify management of performance issues related to managing job budgets.
- Partner with Sr. Management to compare staffing levels with revenue levels and provide recommendations to Sr. Management about how to maintain a balance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- At least two (2) years of work experience in an accounting or financial analysis related position
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, reporting and interpretation
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to effectively and efficiently communicate financial analysis results to management