Industrial Controls Engineer
INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Hot job in Connecticut for an Industrial Controls Engineer to design and maintain control software and hardware used in industrial gas automation equipment. The Industrial Controls Engineer will be programming, testing and providing remote and onsite customer assistance in the deployment of solutions used in the field.
The key responsibilities of this Industrial Controls Engineering position include:
· Planning/writing of programming code as necessary, to ensure the end product meets
functional goals expected of the product on required schedules.
· Design and develop HMI applications.
· Design and review Instrument & IO network architecture. Support the creation of technical
product documentation and information.
· Provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance.
· Estimate and report project status.
Requirements for the Industrial Controls Engineer include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or five+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education.
· 5-12 years’ experience with industrial automation (e.g., PLCs, DCSs).
· 3-8 years’ experience with C# and .NET programming is required
· 2-5 years’ experience with SQL database such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL
· Must be able to write project requirements documentation, and trace implemented functionality back to the requirements.
· Must be able to write and execute software validation plans.
· Must be able to troubleshoot industrial electrical control panels.
· Strong communications and organizational skills are required.
· Experience with Modbus is highly desired.
· Experience programming robotics is a plus.
· Experience with LabVIEW is a plus
· Must be able to travel up to 15 percent annually, and up to 50 percent for short durations.
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite.