MULTI-MEDIA INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
HOT job opportunity in Houston. Seeking an experienced Multi-Media Instructional Designer to work with a leader in the oil and gas industry.
Safety and enabling our employee’s and customer success is at the heart of everything we do. The mission in Technical Training is to effectively communicate essential technical, process, and safety information to the employees. We are seeking a Multi-Media Instructional Designer to deliver information in many different formats including instructor-led (ILT), virtual instructor led (VILT), video, text and images using flexible tools to quickly produce easy-to-digest modular knowledge that can be efficiently updated on an ongoing basis.
The Technical Training team is hiring a Multimedia Instructional Designer with graphic design and training experience. This person will work with our team of subject matter experts to create high quality and engaging training content following a formal instructional design process.
The Multimedia Instructional Designer will use both solid instructional and visual design and written communication skills to bring together text, illustrations, video, animation, and audio to effectively serve clients’ training needs.
• Collaborate on the design and development of training content, video production and animation with input from subject matter experts (SMEs), to produce sound instructional materials in accordance with program objectives and solid instructional principles.
• Responsible for creating eLearning content that is instructionally sound and engaging with the ability to translate technical material into concise eLearning modules for technical and non-technical users.
• Develop and publish eLearning modules to our Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS).
• Create and edit video, audio, and animations for use in all learning formats.
• Keep abreast of continually new and/or enhanced product features and functionality and incorporate into training design and development.
• Create and refine educational content and presentations based on varying audience’s needs.
• A BS Degree or higher in Instructional Design, Learning, Technology & Training
• 5+ years of instructional design and development experience in web-based (e-learning), self-study and instruction led training programs, with a focus on software or technical training preferred
• Knowledge of relevant course delivery platforms with proficiency in Cornerstone Learning Management Systems, Articulate Storyline, and TechSmith Camtasia eLearning tools, as well as experience in graphic design, including the use of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop are a must.
• Must be highly organized, flexible and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while managing competing demands simultaneously
• Self-motivated, innovative, and able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
• Solid analytical and technical skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills