Instrumentation Technician - Construction
Location : Morrisville, PA 19030
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN- ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager for Instrumentation & Controls construction. The Project Instrumentation Specialist will assist the project team in selection and specification of instruments for project installations and perform field supervision, testing, and troubleshooting of instrumented systems. The project systems include ea wide variety of industrial instrumentation including electronic monitoring, metering, controlling and signaling devices used int eh production of electronics industry materials. The Instrument Technician must be a self starter.
Responsibilities of the Instrumentation Technician includes:
- Assist the Project Manager with Construction planning for instrumented system installations.
- Lead instrumented system installation, testing and commissioning to meet project plan.
- Assist design engineering in selection of instruments and developing SCADA program and test plans.
- Coordinate with internal and external contacts to plan integration with external scada systems.
- Write maintenance and test procedures for newly installed instrumented systems.
- Train operations personnel to operate and maintain newly installed instrumented systems
- Champion job site safety and upkeep to maintain safe working conditions at all times.
- Provide on site supervision during capital project installation of instrumented systems.
- Hands-on inspection, testing and calibration of instruments, control loops and control valves, SCADA systems and all equipment control elements.
- Testing and validation documentation for project turnover records
- Support instrument selection for projects and drive test plan development of instrumented systems in concert with project design engineer.
- Construction Manager for civil and mechanical project installations as necessary
Required Qualifications :
- High School diploma. Associates or Bachelor's degree in applicable areas is a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience as an Instrument technician in an industrial production environment is a plus.
- Instrument Society of America (ISA) certification is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated safety focus and leadership
- Experience with industrial gas plant operations is a plus.
- Military experience is a plus.
Skills :Construction Instrumentation SCADA