IT Support Specialist
Location : Houston, Tx 77024
Job Type : Contract to Direct
Reference Code : 3055
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIAILIST
Exciting new opportunity in Houston for a Technical Support Specialist to provide Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 technical support to internal and external customers. The IT Technical Support Specialist should have experience in supporting manufacturing, logistics applications.
Take the first step and apply today.... Let's explore the possibilities....
Responsibilities for the IT Technical Support Specialist includes:
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to customers
- Interact with other organizations and teams to fin solutions to issues and fix tickets.
- Update incidents and communicate to customer the progress steadily
- Examine the cause of incidents and establish a diagnosis.
- Provide a temporary solution when a permanent solution is not possible.
- Propose solutions to increase the reliability and quality of the applications as well as to reduce operating and on call costs while ensuring an adequate level of security.
- Participate actively in the updating of applications' documentation linked to support activities
Required Qualifications :
University degree or college diploma in information technology or computer science
5-7 years of experience in the field of information systems, including 3-5 years as an expert in manufacturing and/or logistics applications.
Strong knowledge or Oracle or SQL Server database systems
Strong knowledge of the Windows platform
Windows Server 2008; 2012
Windows 7 and 8.1
Customer service orientation and good communication skills.
Relevant experience in testing and integration of IT systems as well as troubleshooting and systems support activities.
Skills that would be a plus include:
Knowledge on Windows servers management
Familiar with scripting languages including Power shell, PL/SQL and TSQL
Experience and knowledge in the Linux environment.
Experience with the Google tools
Spanish oral and written communication skills
Experience in mobility devices management
Experience in cloud hosting, maintenance and management.
Skills :help desk Windows