IT Technical Support
IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Duties and Responsibilities
Under general direction, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of industry best practices within a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop computing environment. Works to ensure break/fix and request tickets for computers, peripherals, software, and printers are responded to and addressed within established service level objectives, escalating as necessary.
Provides ongoing technical support to local users face-to-face, as well as other offices and project sites both remotely and in person (when travel is required). Supplies hands-on support as directed by the network, security, server, voice, and other IT teams when local participation is necessary. Participates in establishing and decommissioning offices and project sites as required. Maintains an accurate inventory of both deployed assets and storeroom equipment. Must be able to participate in some on-call and/or after-hours work as needed.
Uses experience and problem solving skills to develop and improve processes and provides reports as required. May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills and broad knowledge of field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy
- Stage, prepare, and deploy computer, peripherals, and devices to the users
- Break/fix support for end user hardware, including but not limited to: laptops, desktops, workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Occasionally perform installation of non-standard software
- Break/fix support for COE (Common Office Environment) software including Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365, and Teams using demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot 2FA, certificate, CAC, and other authentication issues
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot printing issues
- Facilitate data migration between computers
- Virtual desktop support
- Familiarity with IPT voice technologies and collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, Cisco Jabber
- Provide technical A/V support including critical videoconference meetings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft server technologies and Dell server hardware
- General knowledge to perform high level network troubleshooting analysis, Cisco knowledge preferred
- Collaborate with vendors or third party support to resolve technical hardware or software issues
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
Skills required for this position are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 1+ years of experience. Additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to identify points of failure, areas for improvements, bottlenecks
- Coordinate resolution of issues in collaboration with various IT teams
- High knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, processes, and procedures to independently resolve issues
- Strong verbal and written skills, including ability to draft communications and knowledge base articles
- Participation and contribution with the larger team
- Provide excellent customer service and remain instinctively curious
- Motivated to perform the work as required each day with a desire to improve
- The ability to work independently within established guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of users, both written and verbal