Manufacturing Project Engineer
PROJECT ENGINEER - MANUFACTURING
It's a great time for exciting new challenges! We have the perfect opportunity for a Project Engineer - Manufacturing who will lead, coordinate and assist with projects within manufacturing Technology. This is an opportunity that will offer you the ability to work with a talented team specializing in power systems. This is a company that's thriving! They offer stability, challenging projects, work/life balance, excellent compensation and amazing benefits package. You will also work with a talented team that loves what they do!!
The Project Engineer (Manufacturing) will take on projects that vary from basic routing and BOM updates to justifying and leading capital projects such as new machinery / equipment investments. The Project Engineer (Manufacturing) must be self-motived, goal-driven engineer who is familiar with any aspects of manufacturing that can manage projects to completion.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer include: (Manufacturing)
- Assist with or coordinate various aspects of new or revised product/process/equipment, system implementation.
- May perform a leadership role in a project team as a fully functioning engineer, giving technical guidance to engineers of less experience and technicians assigned to work on a common project but does not have supervisory responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, most notably, internal customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrate commitment to meeting and supporting departmental, divisional, and company goals/objectives/strategies.
- Demonstrate good report preparation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Conduct studies and make analysis, interpretations, and conclusions under guidance and supervision.
- Create project plans and successfully manage/oversee projects through completion in a timely fashion.
- Use Microsoft Excel for improving operations/systems, problem solving, and presentations/project management.
- Demonstrate a high regard for people by treating them with dignity, respect, fairness and consistency.
- Set a good example of behavior, attitude, and teamwork both within and between departments.
- Adapt to changes; shows commitment to change and continuous improvement.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- 5 years of experience within a manufacturing setting working with CNC, Laser, Punch Presses and or Brake Presses
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, or Manufacturing, Engineering field or other related Engineering Fields.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and demonstrated implementation of the lean principles & key performance indicators.
- Understanding of Tool Design and Tool Building, and its application with metal-cutting and forming equipment
- Understanding of CNC programming and its application with metal-cutting and forming equipment.
- Understanding of Brake Press, Punch Press, Laser cutter and its application.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to analyze operational metrics
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to clearly present ideas in a variety of forums
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprint and CAD Drawings including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (GD&T)
- Technical knowledge of processes, equipment, and/or support services and other relevant manufacturing activities.