Mechanical Engineer - Rotating equipment
Senior Rotating / Packaged Equipment Requisitioning Engineer (10 – 15 years of experience)
This is a senior staff technical position. The Incumbent will be responsible for the specification and application of rotating machinery including compressors, turbines, and pumps. Additional duties may include specification, selection, and services relating to mechanical equipment such as utility equipment, packaged units, material handling, and bulk solids processing systems.
- Knowledgeable with analysis of fluid/thermal systems
- Understanding of machine design and application
- Knowledgeable with rotodynamic principals and analysis
- Ability to provide technical guidance for designers and drafters.
- Working knowledge of current API standards for rotating equipment, particularly centrifugal pumps, centrifugal compressors, and auxiliary systems.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering field
- Certification as a Licensed Professional Engineer, or willingness to obtain
- Experience with chemical, petrochemical, refining, and oil and gas projects is preferred, especially LNG liquefaction, ammonia, ethylene, refining, and offshore facilities.
- Additional experience with installation and commissioning is a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally is a plus