Location : Decatur, iL
Job Type : Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5
Required Education : bachelors
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Seeking experienced Mechanical Engineers in Decatur, IL. The Mechanical Engineers will support multiple capital projects. The Mechanical Engineers will assist process design efforts implementing chemical plant projects.
- Under general supervision, the Mechanical Engineers develop engineering design criteria and specifications on assigned contracts, prepares quotation request and purchase orders for equipment and materials and undertakes field assignments and factory inspections to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Develop detailed calculations in support of design/specification of mechanical equipment including heat exchangers, vessels, valves, pumps, piping, etc.
- Assist a process design team in performing process engineering tasks related to P&ID development, specification of mechanical equipment such as vessels, pumps, heat exchangers and relief devices.
- Develop/maintain P&ID's as design progresses from FEL through detailed design.
- Perform day to day operational activities related to technical calculations, process/equipment and instrument data sheets.
- Manage process scope change as required to complete deliverables within approved budgets and schedules.
- Provide regular estimate to complete ETC for remaining work to lead process engineer.
- Maintain and follow established schedule for assigned area.
- Participate in meetings with the client and project team to review in progress tasks/deliverables.
- Prepare estimates for assigned portion of project.
- Checks calculations, sketches and layout for other engineers and designers.
- Responsible for review of supplier drawings.
- Prepare specifications, calculations, sketches and diagram.
- Provides technical information and data to design.
- Interface with other engineers and designers of the same and other disciplines, equipment suppliers, and client technical contacts.
Required Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
3-5 years of experience
Field experience required.
Skills :chemical Design field engineer heat exchangers Mechanical Engineer P&ID Project Engineer