Mechanical Engineering Manager
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
2020 is a year of exciting new opportunities. If you are a Hand's on Mechanical Engineering Manager or a Lead Mechanical Engineer who would consider a career opportunity that's better than where you are..... You won't want to miss out on this one... apply today and let's explore the possibilities. You'll be glad you did!
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager or Lead Mechanical Engineer who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and being "hands-on" in the design engineering of Electro-Mechanical equipment for the power engineering industry. You will work with an innovative company that's been located in the Greater Chicago area for over 30 years. This is a company that, over the years, has been consistently ranked one of the most innovative companies in the Greater Chicago area. They foster positive culture of trust, collaboration and teamwork and dedicated to putting their people and quality above profits to ensure a long and prosperous future.
You will be offered competitive pay, outstanding benefits, work/life balance and a positive work environment.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager who is able to roll up your sleeves in engineering and design / product design of E/M equipment. Provide leadership to a team of (3)engineers and designers to ensure performance and reliability. Partner with product management team on product definition, manage operational challenges and the execution, quality of the development process and deliverables.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineering Manager include:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the team ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality, reliable, on-time prodct that meets customer needs.
- Hand's on engineering, design, development and reviews as needed using Solidworks in the mechanical design of E/M equipment which includes packaging, cables, for electronics.
- Estimate work efforts and perform to those estimations.
- Assist with business development efforts by providing product expertise and solutions as needed.
- Interviewing, performance evaluations, conflict resolution.
- Manage budgets and schedules.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineering Manager / Lead Mechanical Engineer include:
- Bachelor's degre in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Expert working knowledge of Solidworks
- Expertise with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), drawing standards
- Hand's on experience in Engineering and Design, workign wtih global manufacturers and manufacturing practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with UL, CB Scheme, batteries, chargers, power systems is a plus
- Experience in product design for commercial and or industrial devices
- Expertise in design, development, testing and debug.