NETWORK RECORDS SPECIALIST - GIS
NETWORK RECORDS SPECIALIST / Network Asset Specialist
HOT new opportunity available for a Network Records Specialist / Asset Specialist
The Asset Specialist – Fiber ensures the compliance, integrity and ‘readiness’ of fiber assets (Hubs, Panels, Splices, Slacks, Fiber, Conduit, Nodes, Circuits, etc.), and ensures that fiber management policies, standards and procedures are properly implemented and followed. This position is responsible for the implementation and quality of fiber asset data and monitors all proposed changes to fiber assets. Works closely with engineering, construction, operations personnel, 811 Services team, sales, and product development to ensure database accuracy, maintain data quality, register conduit and support other departments to meet company objectives. Analyzes, manages and resolves issues in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
· Review fiber construction engineering drawings and maintenance/inspection data to identify changes to database models and maps.
· Enter and manipulate data in Geographic Information System (GIS) applications which model telecommunications outside plant fiber optic systems as needed.
· Work closely with fiber engineers, field operations personnel and others to QC fiber data and ensure asset integrity, resolve data conflicts, register conduit and update GIS database
· Coordinate solutions in accordance with 811, fiber & utility policies, standards and procedures to maintain compliance and maximize asset yield.
· Research, analyze and respond to regulatory compliance, and audits with a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with utilities, external and internal customers.
· Provide guidance and training for business partners on effective and efficient use the Fiber Management Tool.
· Respond to Fiber Tool issues escalating issues to the Fiber Asset Manager, and providing assistance to users with Tool issues.
· Test automation and integration opportunities for the Fiber Tool and related systems and processes including the ongoing effort to continuously enhance the use of the Fiber Tool as the assets system of record.
· Develop reporting requirements and create reports of Fiber data for various departments monthly/quarterly/annual needs and provide ad hoc reports as requested.
· Work with the Fiber Asset Manager to implement and enforce asset management policies, standards and procedures.
· Promptly respond to assigned tickets and work orders to ensure accurate data in the systems and provide maps and information as needed
· Perform other duties as assigned or required
Keywords: network, sonnet, GIS, Mapinfo, ESRI, COGO, fiber, fiber optic, data, data entry
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree or certification in GIS or equivalent work experience preferred
· Minimum one (1) years of professional level experience editing, updating GIS data from engineering designs, CAD files, redlines, mark ups.
· Minimum one (1) year of experience reading engineering, design, as-built, and redline drawings.
· Computer skills using Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio) , Microsoft SharePoint, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures
· Understanding of GIS data principles and data management
· Experience editing GIS data
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
· Experience with GIS applications including, but are not limited: to MapInfo, ESRI suite, Coordinate Geometry (COGO) and Auto CAD.
· Experience and/or knowledge of Sonet (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3 to OC192), Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc.).
· Excellent organizational/administrative skills
· Customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
· Ability to problem solve and provide alternative solutions
· Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
· Ability to comprehend contracts, agreements, title documentation, zoning ordinances, municipal processes, regulatory requirements, Right-of-Way and Utility Attachment Agreements
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Keywords: network, sonnet, GIS, Mapinfo, ESRI, COGO, fiber, fiber optic,