Network Support Engineer
NETWORK SUPPORT ENGINEER
Seeking a Network Support Engineer in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
The Network Support Engineer provides Tier 2 support and services to the Wireless NOC. Interface with Network field personnel and work with internal resources to ensure company’s network and circuits uptime is according to service level agreements. The Network Support Engineer is a technical lead on network management systems and performance monitoring tools as it relates to remote connectivity network and escalate issues as needed. This position will require limited off hour on call to support field and NOC personnel.
Essential Job Functions of the Network Support Engineer includes:
- Provide technical lead on network management systems and performance monitoring tools (i.e. Solar Winds).
- Provide technical support for Cisco Routers and switches along with ISP equipment and services.
- Resolve remote connectivity issues on links and modems in a timely manner.
- Maintaining network configuration data and backups for all Remote connectivity implementations and equipment.
- Perform CISCO router IOS upgrades as required.
- Interface with the IT team in support of VPN connections to remote sites.
- Support and maintain network stability.
- Provide technical support via telephone or e-mail to field personnel and vendors. This will include diagnosis of hardware problems and software support.
- Resolve technical problems through personal knowledge, research or teamwork.
- Escalate cases to the appropriate skill level in line with defined procedures in order to ensure timely resolution of service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate onsite visits and parts ordering with and third-party field teams.
- Meet productivity and quality targets as agreed with Management.
- Contribute to the improvement of processes, procedures and tools.
- Help and support other members of the team through sharing of information and effective team working.
- Diagnose and resolve software hardware connectivity problems.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience and/or technical training in electronics
- Three (3) to five (5) year of related work experience
- Basic understanding of network security principles and concepts. (Including VPN)
- TCP/IP and Networking troubleshooting
- Knowledge of wireless telecommunications network management systems(Knowledge of Solar Winds a plus)
- CCNA certification preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of WiFi and wireless connectivity products
- Excellent sense of personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- A strong team worker and communicator with the desire to talk to field engineers and technicians
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn specialized system tools
- Skilled at completing tickets for maintenance purpose
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to make critical decisions
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Networking skills
- A strong team worker and communicator with the desire to talk to field engineers and technicians.
- Knowledge of wireless communications a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus