Would you consider something better? We are searching for a Piping Designer with
PDMS and Microstation experience (required).
Immediate opportunity for an experienced PDMS Piping Designer with field in chemical or petrochemical plants. Previous DuPont/Chemours experience preferred but not required.
PDMS Piping responsibilities:
- Development of Piping scope for projects.
- Co-ordination of workload and shutdown requirements
- Work Independently with minimal supervision
- Assistance in physical inspection of vendor supplied or fabricated equipment
- Assist Client Planners with plant documentation of piping and process change requests (PCR). Field work to verify dimensions and routing will be required as a daily task and involves climbing ladders.Review vendor equipment drawings for projects and consult vendors as required for information on components required to install the project.Create complete piping and tie-in tabulation and BOMs for projects. Field verify completed design to document as-build status. Familiarity with Dupont/Chemours Piping design symbology, practices and standards is a plus.
- Oversee project packages during construction. Schedule and conduct all meetings per the sites procedures to perform the above tasks.
- Assist in creating and updating some piping specifications required for projects.
- Create and draft all piping arrangement, isometric, and orthographic drawings needed to safely implement the project.
PDMS Piping Design requirements:
- 15+ years design experience required in a small project environment
- Willingness to learn other applications i.e. SAP, Corel, Snagit etc.
Proficient in MicroStation, PDMS, Adobe Standard, and Microsoft Office Suite applications
Work with Client engineers, Process Area coordinators and construction leads to properly execute design packages for < $500K jobs, from FEL1 thru IFC.
Complete designs of assigned projects to including the design reviews.