Power Systems Engineer
PROJECT ENGINEER – ANALYTICAL SERVICES #30104
2020 is full of exciting new possibilities and we have a HOT new opportunity available in the Chicago area for an experienced Project Engineer responsible for the delivery of projects related to electrical power systems analysis of utility distribution and transmission systems.
Would you consider a change that’s better than your current situation? Apply today and let’s explore the possibilities…. You have everything to gain!
In this Project Engineer / Analytical Services role, you will have the opportunity to work with an innovative company that makes a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide. This is a company that gives to the community and provides exciting and stable work environment for their employees. The company values each and every employee by offering competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, positive and exciting work environment and a management team that appreciates a job well done!
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer / Analytical Services includes:
· Participate as part of a project team to build power system models and perform analytical studies including short circuit, protection device coordination, arc-flash, power flow, transient and dynamic studies.
· Perform transmission planning and voltage recovery studies for ISOs/RTOs.
· Interpret and apply industry standards and requirements including NEC, NFPA, IEEE, IEC, FERC, NERC standards, and international power markets process and regulations.
· Attend and present at major industry conferences and committees on smart grid, microgrid and energy storage applications.
· Support business development efforts by writing proposals for future opportunities.
Requirements for the Project Engineer / Analytical Services include:
· BSEE and 5-10 years of experience or MSEE plus at least 3-5 years or Phd and 1-3 years of experience.
· An academic background in electrical power systems.
· Experience with power system analysis software such as CYME, SKM, PSEE/E, PSLF, ETAP, PSCAD, ASPEN, DigSILENT
· Experience performing short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
· Experience in protection of electric power systems and distributed generation resources is required
· Experience performing analysis in the area of power system automation and control is desired.
· Experience performing generation interconnection and transmission planning studies is desired.
· Knowledge of microgrid and distributed generation application