CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER
Seeking experienced Chemical Process Engineers in Decatur, IL. The Chemical Process Engineers will support multiple capital projects. The Process Engineers will assist process design efforts implementing chemical plant projects.
- Under general supervision, the Chemical Process Engineers develop engineering design criteria and specifications on assigned contracts, prepares quotation request and purchase orders for equipment and materials and undertakes field assignments and factory inspections to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Develop detailed relief device calculations in support of design/specification of relief valves, rupture discs and conservation vents for new and existing installations and professionally seal as required.
- Assist a process design team in performing process engineering tasks related to P&ID development, specification of mechanical equipment such as vessels, pumps, heat exchangers and relief devices.
- Develop/maintain P&ID's as design progresses from FEL through detailed design.
- Perform day to day operational activities related to technical calculations, process/equipment and instrument data sheets.
- Manage process scope change as required to complete deliverables within approved budgets and schedules.
- Provide regular estimate to complete ETC for remaining work to lead process engineer.
- Maintain and follow established schedule for assigned area.
- Participate in meetings with the client and project team to review in progress tasks/deliverables.
- Prepare estimates for assigned portion of project.
- Checks calculations, sketches and layout for other engineers and designers.
- Responsible for review of supplier drawings.
- Prepare specifications, calculations, sketches and diagram.
- Provides technical information and data to design.
- Interface with other engineers and designers of the same and other disciplines, equipment suppliers, and client technical contacts.