PROJECT ENGINEER - SENIOR EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
HOT new job available for a Project Engineer with a Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering background. The Project Engineer will oversee equipment based projects used in gas applications supporting strategic account sales. The Project Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of equipment development and implementation.
The Responsibilities of the Equipment Engineer / Project Engineer include:
- Oversee scope of project including cost estimating, design, specifications, safety review, fabrication and installation of standard and custom engineered equipment.
- Generate documentation including schedules, engineered drawings, bills of material and manuals for engineered equipment.
- Prepare and issue project specifications, evaluate bids and negotiate final terms and conditions.
- Oversee the ordering of system components, tracking orders and expediting orders associated with equipment projects.
- Coordinate, conduct and document equipment functional testing to ensure system operations an functionality
- Provide assistance for field start up of equipment
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule within budget.
- Optimize existing and new equipment designs to maximize cost effectiveness and equipment efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of project management/ project engineering experience
- Experience designing industrial equipment, skid mounted process equipment and high pressure gas systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of fluid dynamics for compressible fluids preferred
- Experience with process gases (nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen) a plus.
- Experience with process chemicals (hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, ammonia) a plus
- Well versed in instrumentation and controls a plus