It’s time for positive changes in 2020! Would you consider a career opportunity if it’s better than your current job? If you are Chemical Engineer or Process Engineer experienced with surface coating applications in a manufacturing environment, you need to explore this opportunity. It may be the best job of your life!
You will have the opportunity to work with a company that’s thriving! It’s a company that provides tremendous professional development, competitive pay and above average benefits package. You will work with a talented team that loves what they do! And you will work with a company that makes a positive impact on the lives of billions of people worldwide!
Take the first step and apply today! Let’s explore your possibilities….
In this role, you will work in the Process Engineering team that’s responsible for specifying equipment and processes to properly apply highly engineered, high performance coating to meet the product specifications. The Project Engineer will work on all aspects of the process from pre-treatment to prime painting to topcoat. The Chemical Engineer/Process Engineer/Project Engineer will perform or specify test methods for product certification.
Responsibilities of the Chemical Process Engineer / Project Engineer include:
- Maintain and monitor the manufacturing coating application system, including developing and implementing quality standards, operation start-up, routine operation, routine maintenance and safe shutdown of operations.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvements and developing innovative solutions by proposing and implementing process improvements and performing project management of capital equipment upgrades with a focus on improving our Key Performance Indicators.
- Research, test, and implement new surface preparation, cleaning, and coating materials to help improve impact on the environment while maintaining exceptional long-term coating performance.
- Coordinate and conduct chemical analysis of protective surface coatings and the process quality with internal or external laboratories. This would include but is not limited to implementing regular quality checks by production, submitting quarterly QC samples, and developing an external weathering correlation study to accelerated testing required by industry specifications.
- Maintain and develop written documents to test and monitor the finishing system processes, coating specifications, and quality information and data.
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of production problems, using root-cause analysis to develop long-term solutions to process and equipment issues.
- Maintain and monitor operator preventative maintenance procedures, developing standard work documents, and providing shop training.
Serve as the technical consultant to external departments and other facilities on the coating system, with regard to relevant material usage or application, and in regulatory areas of OSHA, EPA, ASTM, ANSI, SSPC, FDA, and MIL standards
Chemical Process Engineer / Project Engineer
- BS in Chemical or Materials Engineering or similar field.
- Knowledge and experience with electrostatic application fundamentals for powder and liquid coatings.
- Knowledge and experience of chemical engineering and analytical laboratory testing fundamentals of chemicals, coatings and coating applications.
- Ability to clearly communicate via both written and verbal communications to promote ideas and methods to all levels of the organization and foster teamwork with the shop floor personnel.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
Relevent Experince Required:
Chemical and/or process engineering experience with surface coating applications in a manufacturing environment.