The role of the New Energies business is to implement a competitive, successful industrial strategy dedicated to Hydrogen Mobility and to provide an efficient support to IDD’s offer growth. For that purpose, These teams have to deliver its products on time, on budget and compliant with local codes and standards. To achieve this they need to roll out a collaborative network between the various geographies, ensure new technological bricks developed by aB&T, R&D, or partners are delivered in a short time to market and are effectively industrialized. Lastly, provide strong support to operations and business teams in the development of competitive proposals. The Product Engineer will support these objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Zero personal accidents / incidents. Report near miss incidents and timely and accurately.
· Develop technical specifications for all equipment and components related to hydrogen refueling stations. This includes (but is not limited to) compressors, high pressure gaseous storage, valves and electrical cabinets.
· Develop all technical documentation related to a project, including PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment specifications, layout drawings, piping specifications, installation manual, maintenance manual, etc.
· Manage technical experts in applicable disciplines to approve all technical specifications and documentation.
· Coordinate and perform in process inspections of equipment to ensure vendors are maintaining quality and technical specifications during projects.
· Perform factory acceptance testing and ensure all equipment and components are built to specifications and operate as desired. This includes preparation of inspection documents (FAT procedures).
· Create and update the standard documentation related to the product design and performances, including user manuals.
· Create operating procedures.
· Perform process calculations for all hydrogen refueling stations, existing technology and new developments, including PSV calculations, cooling power, vent sizing, etc.
· Interact with committees that establish codes and standards and ensure the New Energies team has a full understanding of any updates to applicable codes (NFPA, CGA, etc.).
· Manage all project documentation, internal and external, from submittals and reviews through as-built drawings.
· Collaborate with vendors as necessary to develop products specific to Air Liquide designs.
· Ensure the new developments meet all applicable codes and standards.
· Support customers as needed in the permitting process, including permit package reviews and updates.
· Work with both internal and external engineering disciplines to assure timeliness and quality ofproject deliverables.
· Develop the skills to manage detail engineering deliverables by assuming the overall technical
· responsibility to ensure that all assigned projects are executed per company specifications and procedures, per project requirements and per AL Group expectations including electrical, structural and mechanical.
· Assist with equipment troubleshooting as required.
· Lead the effort in developing the construction package(s) including a complete project scope and all supporting design documents as required.
· Work with Plant Operations and other company representatives to coordinate project
design efforts and project implementations.
· Focal point for resolution of technical problems.
· Support field personnel during construction and startup (remotely or in person at the job site).