SR. EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
Would you consider a change for something better??? We are looking for a Project Engineer / Equipment Engineer to oversee equipment passed projects used in gas applications. We are looking for a Project Engineer/Equipment Engineer responsible for all aspects of equipment development and implementation.
The Mechanical Engineer / Project Engineer / EQUIPMENT ENGINEER will be responsible for:
- Overseeing complete scope of project including cost estimating, design, specification, safety review, fabrication and installation of standard and customer engineered equipment.
- Generate necessary documentation including schedules, engineered drawings, bills of material (BOM) and manuals for engineered equipment.
- Prepares and issues project specifications, evaluate bids and negotiates final terms and conditions.
- Oversee the ordering of system components, tracking orders and expediting orders associated with equipment projects.
- Coordinate, conduct and document equipment functional testing to ensure system operations and functionality.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Optimize existing and new equipment designs to maximize cost effectiveness and equipment efficiency.
- Mentor other equipment Engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of project management / engineering experience.
- Experience designing industrial equipment, skid-mounted process equipment, and high pressure gas systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of fluid dynamics for compressible fluids preferred.
- Experience with process gases (i.e. nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen) a plus
- Experience with Process Chemicals (i.e. hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, ammonia) is a plus.
Other desired qualifications Desired include:
- A proficiency in working with Autodesk 2D/3D software. ChemCAD simulation software, MS Project.
- Capable of travelling up to approximately 20% (including overnight as required) and working weekends and/or holidays as needed to meet project schedules, equipment commissioning and follow-up customer support.
- Familiar with standard design and safety codes for equipment produced for metals and chemical industrial market sectors such as CGA, ASME and NFPA codes and standards.