Project Manager - Power systems
PROJECT MANAGER - Power Systems
It's time for exciting changes in 2019! We are looking for someone who's passionate about developing the technologies of the future!
This is an exciting new opportunity to work with a company that's thriving! This is a company specializing in power systems and they are a leader in their field. They offer advancement, competitive compensation, above average benefits, work-life balance, and an environment that provides professional development and is appreciative of a job well done!
This position is for a Project Manager having project management experience in executing power systems design-build projects from inception to completion. The Project Manager will lead, direct, and coordinate the efforts of a design-build team consisting of design engineers, procurement personnel, field technicians, contracts administrator, contracting personnel.
Project Manager - Power systems; power transmission; power distribution:
- The Project Manager will manage and control project scope, schedule, and cost with no supervision.
- Manage all areas impacted by the project stakeholders.
- Manage the adherence to safety, quality, and testing standards.
- Manage the communication of project status to all stakeholders.
- Manage project financials.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams.
- Manage large and/or concurrent projects.
- Oversee the preparation of designs and work specifications; develop work plans, schedules, budgets and forecasts; secure project staff and resources.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
- Develop and improve client relationships.
- Some travel to client sites within the U.S.
- Other duties as required.
PROJECT MANAGER requirements (power systems; power transmission; power distribution):
- BS/BA degree or degree : project management, engineering, technology, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of project management experience preferably in the power industry.
- PMP Certification or MPM.
- Ability to travel 50% based on departmental requirements.
Relevant Experience Required:
The position requires experience in substation and/or power user type construction projects involving medium and high voltage equipment, construction scheduling, estimating, contracts administration, construction documentation, technical supervision, and contractor relationships.