Project Manager - Supplier Development
PROJECT MANAGER - Supplier Development
The new year brings amazing new opportunities! We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for Supplier Development & Systems group.
If you would consider a better opportunity, it’s time to explore your possibilities! Work with a company that’s thriving! This is a company that specializes in the power industry and they make a positive impact in the lives of billions of people worldwide. They company offers competitive salary, above average benefits package, professional development and a management team that appreciates a job well done!
The Project Manager (Global Sourcing and Strategic Supply Chain) will be responsible for end-to-end project management activities of key global projects within the global sourcing organization. These projects may include new product development; risk mitigation and other departmental objectives. The Project Manager (Supplier Development) is responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time and per scope while closely monitoring and managing cost, risk and requirement changes.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager (supplier development, global sourcing) include:
· Lead and guide new product development, risk mitigation and other global sourcing projects while working with external suppliers and cross functional teams.
· Follow, apply and continuously improve defined Global Sourcing project management standards
· Guide, monitor and coach the global sourcing team on project management standards.
· Enlist the individual support of the necessary Sourcing Manager(s) as needed.
· Serve as the liaison between suppliers and different stakeholders including global sourcing, supplier quality, engineering and others.
· Pro-actively and continuously manage project cost, risks, issues, scope creep, schedule, technical requirements, changes, action items, etc.
· Maintain project status reports including a project risk assessment.
· Understand manufacturing processes, including quality standards like DFMs, PPAP, first inspection, etc.
· Experience with RFQs, managing and monitoring cost through product development into production.
· Ensure project scope is fully understood and that suppliers deliver against requirements while meeting the project schedule, cost targets and quality standards.
Requirements for the Project Manager – Supplier Development/Global Sourcing/Supply Chain include:
· BA/BS in Business or Technical Discipline
· PMP Certification
· Minimum of 4-5 years of project management experience, preferably in the industrial mfg. sector.
· Previous experience in new product development desired.
· Knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Oracle or similar tools.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Experience working with cross functional teams.
· Ability to influence people.
· Ability to re-prioritize and work independently.
· Fluency in Spanish is strongly desired.
· Up to 25% international travelling required.