PURCHASING SPECIALIST. (Procurement, Buyer)
Seeking to hire a Senior Purchasing Specialist (Procurement / Buyer) to support the LNG project. We are seeking a Senior Purchasing/Buyer who has worked for an EPC company.
Duties and responsibilities of the Purchasing Specialist/Buyer /Procurement includes
- Under general direction, executes cradle to grave purchasing activities (including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations) for a specific commodity group across all projects.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
- Drive cost reduction initiatives in a specific Category group.
- Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors for assigned Category group.
- Assist in developing a Category specific sourcing strategies to support corporate and divisional objectives, providing the company competitive advantage in the areas of materials, supplies, and services and ensure the alignment with Engineering
- Identify corrective actions and measures in case of quality or schedule issues with suppliers
- Works closely with Engineering and the projects
- Assures that problems will reported timely to the projects and senior procurement management
- Locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future Category needs.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
- Provide input to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process, procedures and tools
- Conducts the orderly closeout of Procurement operations, including settlement of claims and back-charges, and resolving punch list items assigned to Procurement
- Participates in important negotiations and for claim negotiations in their Category Group at a high level.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Business, and 7+ years of Procurement and Supply Chain Management experience in a global EPC company executing contracts in key industries, such as oil and gas, LNG, petrochemical, chemical, etc.
- Experience in purchasing or subcontracts, including bid, evaluate, award cycle, execution of agreements, execution of changes, price and schedule negotiations, and commercial strategy.
- Proven track record in cost reduction programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in order to flow goals and directives and effectively communicate commercial solutions and concepts to procurement personnel and non-procurement personnel
- Ability to work in a complex schedule driven work environment
- Procurement experience in “lump-sum” business
- Experience with e-procurement tools, such as e-bidding or e-auctions
- Computer proficiency as well as intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office products.
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in cost reduction and control.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position