Robotics Automation Engineer
JR. ROBOTIC AUTOMATION ENGINEER
In this exciting new roll as a Jr. Robotic Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying and setting up automation within various manufacturing processes. The processes may be assembly, fabrication or chemically based and govern the production and delivery of products. Automation engineers perform a critical function of streamlining the manufacturing processes and making them as efficient as possible, while still maintaining product quality and adhering to internal protocols and external regulations.
The automation engineer must have inherent knowledge of the process or ability to understand new processes quickly and apply the following:
- Select the appropriate instruments to sense, measure and/or monitor systems variables.
- Control those variables using programmable logic to actuate or operate other systems and components, including developing and designing the concept, choosing and programming the appropriate control system/hardware and ensuring the proper communication between the actuated/operated components connected to the controller.
- Simulate, install test and manage electrical/mechanical automation and finally monitoring the automation processes on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate documentation of automation equipment or processes.
- Train staff, operations team and maintenance organization where necessary upon implementing new processes, commissioning new equipment, or making changes to existing systems.
- Troubleshoot automated processes or equipment when not performing and at times assist maintenance in the same function.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required (BSEE, BSME or BSCS)
- Excellent computer skills particularly in programming and software development, specifically experience in programming of robotic systems and writing PLC codes (Rockwell (Allen-Bradley), Siemens, GE, and other industry standard PLC platforms for example)
- Must have strong knowledge base and experience with hardware and software associated with:
- Measurement and sensing
- Control devices
- Actuate, motors, drives
- Understanding of and experience in supervisory control and data acquisition (HMI code using Wonderware, Factory-talk View ME/SE, Rs-view, and other industry standard graphical interfaces for example)
- Full understanding of equipment manuals, assembly drawings, P&ID’s, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings and schematics.
- Strong understanding of general safety, electrical safety, ergonomics.
- Organizational and project management skills to with ability to prioritize and schedule work, develop and maintain project budget and operate in a team environment, including Ability to manage integration and programming of robotics and automation projects provided by third party integrators.
- Problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to address a wide range of project type and focus on execution for the manufacturing operation.
- Certification as an ISA Certified Automation Professional is a plus.