It’s time for positive changes in 2020! Would you consider a career opportunity if it’s better than your current job? If you are a Chemist interested experienced in Materials Science in the areas of elastomers, ceramics, plastics and composites, you need to explore this opportunity. It may be the best job of your life!
You will have the opportunity to work with a company that’s thriving! It’s a company that provides tremendous professional development, competitive pay and above average benefits package. You will work with a talented team that loves what they do! And you will work with a company that makes a positive impact on the lives of billions of people worldwide!
Take the first step and apply today! Let’s explore your possibilities….
The Senior Chemist will work in the Technology and Breakthrough Innovation team on projects including elastomers, ceramics, plastics and composites. You will be performing formulation, molding, extrusion, specification and qualification the product design, prototyping and testing of electro-mechanical systems. Experience in medium and/or high voltage electrical industry is highly desired.
The Senior Chemist support the development of new products and will be a key team member supporting selection, specification, formulation, and qualification of best in class materials required to maximize product performance. Additionally, the Senior Chemist will be responsible for building advanced understanding of materials and process technologies that will drive future new product development to successful commercialization.
Responsibilities of the Senior Chemist include:
- Participating in cross-functional new product development project teams supporting the commercialization of medium voltage electrical products for the utility market.
- Formulating, designing, prototyping, building, and evaluating insulating structures and components to enable new product concepts.
- Strong desire to succeed with sense of urgency and “make it happen” attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Chemist include:
- BS or greater in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science / Engineering, or a related technical discipline from an accredited university, and 7+ years directly related experience required.
- Proven track record of bringing quality products to market on-time and within budget.
- Must be self-motivated, innovative, resourceful, organized, and productive with minimal supervision.
- Strong skills in identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. independently and in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and be a strong contributor as a member of cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks.
- Ability to combine disparate ideas into unique solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong aptitude for DFMA, DFMEA, tools to build robust product design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 3D CAD experience (i.e. SolidEdge, SolidWorks).