INDUSTRIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
HOT new job opportunity for an Industrial Software Engineer in Connecticut. The Software Engineer will design and maintain control software used in industrial gas automation equipment. This will include programming, testing, and remote customer assistance in the deployment of solutions used in the field.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
· Planning/writing of programming code as necessary, to ensure the end product meets
functional goals expected of the product on required schedules.
· Design and develop HMI applications.
· Design and develop web-based applications.
· Support the creation of technical product documentation and information.
· Provide on-site assistance during system start-up, commissioning, and maintenance.
· Estimate and report project status.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INDUSTRIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER INCLUDE:
· Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in computer science, computer
engineering, or related field or five years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of
experience and/or training and education.
· 5-12 years’ experience with C# and .NET programming (including WPF and async
programming) is required.
· 5-12 years’ experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MS SQL.
· 3-8 years of experience with web-based applications.
· 2-5 years’ experience with industrial automation (e.g., PLCs, DCSs).
· Must be able to write project requirements documentation, and trace implemented
functionality back to the requirements.
· Must be able to write and execute software validation plans.
· Strong communications and organizational skills are required.
· Experience with Modbus is desired.
· Must be able to travel up to 15% annual and up to 50% for short durations.
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite.