Exciting things are happening here! We have a hot new opportunity for a PRODUCT SPECIALIST who would consider an opportunity if it's better than your current job. This is an opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to work with a company that's thriving! It's an opportunity to work with an innovative company that specializes in power systems. They make a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide. You will have the opportunity to work with a company that makes a difference! Offering outstanding benefits package, work/life balance, tremendous career development and advancement opportunities, the ability to work with a talented team that loves what they do!
Take the first step and explore the possibilities! Apply today.
The Software Development team, located in Chicago, IL, Alameda, CA, Rockville, MD and Franklin, WI, is responsible for the development of embedded, application, and enterprise software that advances the capabilities, reliability, and security of the world’s electrical grids. In this position, you will report to the Sr. Manager-Platforms and Security.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing embedded Linux platforms and control systems for the newest versions of our existing and next generation of products.
- Developing, debugging, and supporting embedded Linux firmware using C/C++ for the ARM family of processors.
- Working collaboratively with software and testing engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical embedded software.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Previous experience (and job title) in a Sr. Software Engineer or Sr. Software Developer role.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation and support of embedded Linux system (kernel space) software.
- Linux device driver development including a through understanding of interrupt handling.
- Board understanding of the procfs and sysfs pseudo filesystems.
- Understanding of flattened device tree files and what they do in the Linux ecosystem.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- 7 years experience coding with C/C++ is preferable, Python experience is a plus.
- Experience within agile development framework, software deployment using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure Devops etc.
- Strong technical leadership abilities with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time with some periods lasting more than a week.
Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Design and development of real-time, mission critical embedded controller software; Yocto, BitBake, and open-embedded development; Electric grid automation and/or control for utility applications.
keywords: software development, embedded, realtime, real-time, control systems, design, coding, testing, verification, LINUX, kernel, procfs, sysfs, C++, controller, controller software