Software Project Engineer
SOFTWARE PROJECT ENGINEER
Would you consider a new opportunity that's better than where you are? You won't want to miss out on exploring this exciting opportunity to work with a world leader in power systems. You will receive competitive pay, outstanding benefits, tremendous career advancement, work/life balance and management that appreciates a job well done.
We are seeking a Software Project to support of intelligent embedded software devices such as microprocessor-based capacitor, switch, and fault interrupting controls; patented peer-to-peer feeder restoration systems; and the associated device management software.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Software Project Engineer will develop or contribute to the development of project schedules, task and project completion time estimates, detailed software specifications and test plans.
- Conducting all necessary development work pertinent to software design including, architecture design, specifications, analysis, design, implementation, testing and related documentation.
- Developing, debugging and supporting microcontroller programs using C on embedded platforms.
- Working with product managers to assure product designs meet the requirements of the market.
- Working with application engineers to resolve software related customer issues
- Working collaboratively with software and testing engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical embedded software.
- Six years of experience in the design and development of real-time, mission critical embedded controller software deployed to customers at scale.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation and support of embedded microprocessor code for networked industrial controllers, preferably for electric utility grid distribution automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation and support of embedded microprocessor code that can utilize peer-to-peer radio communications to perform locally (distributed) coordinated control applications/functions.
- Experience developing, debugging and supporting microcontroller programs using C on a real-time embedded processor platform.
- Demonstrated ability to write robust, maintainable, and extensible code in C within existing coding standards.
- Strong hands-on debugging capability on hardware; strong system level integration ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time with rare periods lasting more than a week.