Software Test Engineer
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
You have the opportunity to work with an innovative company that's thriving! This is a company that provides outstanding benefits, great pay, work/life balance, innovative projects and the opportunity to work with a talented team that loves what they do! Whether you are actively looking for work, or content in your current role and curious to see if there is something better out there.... you won't want to miss this one!
this is a company that makes a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide. This innovative power systems company will take your career to new heights! Apply today and let's explore the possibilities...
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to verify the software of our industry leading power systems products in Chicago, IL. The products are intelligent embedded software devices for power systems. They can operate autonomously, as well as coordinating with each other through radio communication.
The Software Test Engineer responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed test requirements by working side-by-side with the product, hardware, and software team
- Develop project schedules, test plans, tasks, and test cases for test cycles
- Develop and maintain automated test systems in a low power environment to exercise software functionalities, such as protection settings
- Understand and utilize electrical power concepts
- Troubleshoot and conduct test failure analysis
- Effectively work with engineering to ensure on-time product delivery
- Maintain product focus and quality
- Perform improvement activities (Kaizen) to enhance existing processes
Required skills for the Software Test Engineer include:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Power Engineering,
- Proficient in at least one programming languages such as C#, LabVIEW, C++, Java, and Shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Experience with developing and running manual test for embedded software
- Experience with Test case management tool like qTest
- Experience with issue tracking tools in JIRA
- Able to work effectively in a team setting
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired skills for the Software Test Engineer include :
- Experience with developing and running automated test in LabVIEW or C#
- Experience in building automated test station in LabVIEW
- Certified LabVIEW Developer or Certified LabVIEW Architect
- Experience in using Wireshark
- Experience in using ASE Test Sets
Relevant Experience Required: 7-10 years of software testing, process improvement, and automation experience. Power engineering experience is preferred.