Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 6 to 10 Years
Curious to see if there is something better for you? This is a great opportunity for a Sourcing Manager who wants to work with a company that’s thriving! The company offers excellent compensation, above average benefits package and tremendous professional development. Work with a talented team that loves what they do! Be part of an organization that makes a positive impact on the lives of people worldwide.
Apply today and let’s explore the possibilities! You don’t have anything to lose….
The Sourcing Manager will manage a number of commodity portfolios and develop supplier relationships that will serve the needs of the global business. The Sourcing Manager (electrical, electronics, power systems) will also have the indirect responsibility to find, qualify and develop suppliers with a long-term global view. This Sourcing will be responsible for ensuring that aggressive cost reduction targets and supplier performance goals are met through longer-term agreements or contracts. The Sourcing Manager will undertake commodity and industry benchmarking projects to ensure that the company remains at a competitive advantage in the market place and will ensure that the global Sourcing team is made aware of potential “best in class” suppliers.
- Actively manage the performance of the commodity portfolio of direct material suppliers to ensure that a variety KPI’s covering quality, delivery, flexibility, cost, and the supply base are met in both the short- and long-term.
- Develop and implement a medium/long-term (3-5 years) global sourcing strategy through the Category Management process for each of the categories/commodities based on industry, market trends and other conditions.
- Lead supplier evaluations, communicate the results to the supplier as well as the team members, and ensure that suppliers have adequate corrective actions to the evaluation findings.
- Manage and utilize the Supplier Quarterly Business Review (SBQR) to advocate and monitor supplier improvement and development plans.
- Plan and conduct strategic and tactical negotiations related to pricing, supply, as well as long-term agreements with a view to mutual benefits and success.
- Using Net Cost reporting, ensure that market inflation/deflation is understood in each portfolio and develop, where required, mitigation plans.
- Assess new and current suppliers for business fit, financial stability and ensure that they will provide best overall value.
- Develop long-term project plans to increase the number of qualified suppliers on the Approved Supplier Matrix.
- Identify key supply chain risks, develop mitigation plans, and execute those plans.
- Collaborate with new product development teams by sourcing components to meet both the technical and commercial needs. Involve suppliers as early as practical in the design process to ensure a low cost and high-quality supply.
- Ensure that all Sourcing project plans are updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure that only qualified suppliers are used in supplying company with materials.
- Cooperate with key stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes.
- BS in business or technical discipline. MBA or current certification by ISM (CSM/CPSM) or APICS CSCP would be beneficial.
- Proven experience applying problem-solving methods such as CAPA and 8D.
- Work record showing ability to conceive and implement strategic sourcing initiatives and assure their long-term success.
- Demonstrated experience leading and participating on cross-functional global teams.
- Experience with and understanding of manufacturing processes for industrial products and components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including personal and group presentations.
- Highly skilled in use of business technology and communication tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to travel globally 35% of the time.
Sourcing; procurement; purchasing; supplier; supply chain; category management; electronic; electronics; electrical; power systems; utilities; transformer; power distribution; switchgear; power protection; APICS; CPSM; CSM; CAPA; management; manager; supplier management;