Sr Application Development Engineer
SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Want to know if there may be something better out there? Don't miss out on something more!
We have the perfect opportunity for a Senior Application Development Engineer who wants to work on interesting and challenging projects. Do you want to be part of developing the latest innovations in the power industry that improves the lives of billions of people all over the world? Want to work for a company that appreciates a job well done, offers work/life balance and outstanding benefits?
It never hurts to explore your options! If you are a Software Engineer with a solid technical background who is able to contribute to the strategic vision..you will want to explore this opportunity. It could just be the best job of your life!!!
We are looking for a Senior Application Development Engineer responsible for identifying and developing applications approaches within the medium voltage distribution equipment market. We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of distribution grid applications, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements globally, defining the product vision, understanding the functional relationship between the various components of electrical distribution systems, and working closely with system architects to create and define a unique value proposition. The Sr. Applications Development Engineer defines and communicates the position and role of new product and application ideas within the framework of the customers' distribution systems.
- Defining the products primary application along with feature roadmaps, adjacent products within the application scope, and secondary application requirements.
- Jointly with product owners, determine market requirements for future products and solutions by conducting market research, visiting to customers and potential customers and identifying and presenting innovative and creative product solutions to their problems and needs.
- Specify details of the application, configuration, troubleshooting, etc. through an excellent knowledge and understanding of the product line application.
- Assist in developing and prioritizing new product requirement definitions with value proposition, business case, and clear specifications with prioritized features.
- use formal tools to document customer needs, translate them into product requirements and bridge the gap between what the customer says and what the architect understands.
- Act as a key member of breakthrough product define stage team
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall product performance
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and execute improvements through LPS activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills with ability to collaboratively work with international teams.
- Strong capabilities to uncover, recognize and evaluate new solution opportunities
- Creative, with the ability to innovate and develop new product concepts
- Understand and be able to develop product requirement plans including feature sets, value propositions and application descriptions.
- Project / Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Be a self-starter, highly motivated, work with a sense of urgency
- Have detailed knowledge of medium voltage electrical equipment applications and markets and in depth knowledge of their specific product applications.