Sr. Automation Test Engineer
JOB SUMMARY for the Automation Test Engineer:
The Global Quality Assurance (QA) organization provides a variety of services aimed at helping its internal customers, leaders and team members, deliver superior quality to our customers. We are seeking a senior level electronics engineer experienced in the design and development of automated final unit test systems and component test systems including printed circuit board functional test systems for production. This position is part of the QA Automation Test Engineering group and has primary responsibility for specifying, designing, building, programming, verification & validation testing, commissioning, deployment and technical support for automated test systems used in Production Operations and Contract Manufacturers Operations.
Automation Test Engineers are embedded in agile new product development teams, as well as in existing product engineering and production operations project teams. As part of these teams you will participate in scrum and sprint meetings and work closely with the product owners and developers to ensure the concurrent development of the automated test systems meet all the product test requirements for the new products being developed.
The responsibilities of the Sr. Automation Test Engineer include:
- Develop and establish the specifications and requirements for the development of automated test systems and equipment to meet specified product test requirements.
- Architecting complex automated test systems.
- Design, develop, build, program and implement automated test systems for S&C products.
- Interacting with S&C and contract manufacturing teams to analyze and use quality feedback and data to improve product testing processes.
- Assessing existing production test systems equipment and suggesting opportunities for improvement, using tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, and performance testing.
- Creating test cases, test plans, test API’s, test VI’s, and LabView test programs to implement the product test requirements and test cases in the automated test systems.
- Escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams and leadership.
- Preparing and conducting Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plans, Commissioning Test plans, and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) plans for automated test systems.
- Preparing Automation Test Plans and training Product Engineering, Production and Contract Manufacturing Operations team members in standard work for operating the automated test systems.
- Interfacing with internal and external test equipment designers to ensure that all product test specifications and test system specifications are met.
- Coaching, training, mentoring and reviewing work of less experienced team members.
Automation Test Engineer requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 11 to 15 years of experience designing and developing automated final unit and component test systems including printed circuit board functional test systems for production using LabVIEW software and National Instruments hardware.
- Experience in medium/high volume manufacturing of highly reliable electronic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Well-versed in DFM/DFT techniques.
- Experience with tolerance analysis, GD&T, FEA, and FMEA.
- Proficiency in using lab instrumentation (scopes, DMMs, logic analyzers, network analyzers, etc.).
- Prefer candidates with experience designing and troubleshooting digital and mixed-signal electronic circuits, printed circuit board assemblies, programming, testing and debugging large-scale digital systems that include FPGAs, CPUs, DSP’s and various logic and interface circuitry.
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and in cross-functional, multi-cultural project teams.
- Ability to interface with internal customers and stake holders to define project scope, requirements and plans.
- Experience as a Test System Architect.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, specifically ISO:9001.
- Ability to use Microsoft products, CAD, schematic and board layout tools such as Allegro, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Zuken E3, AutoCAD, Visio.
- Experience using agile management and defect tracking tools (Confluence, JIRA).
- Enthusiasm, drive, a sense of urgency with strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and teaming skills.
- Proven ability to manage working on multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Capacity to deal with a high workload and deadline pressure including ability to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel without restrictions.